"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Book Review: The Naturals

The Naturals (The Naturals #1) 

by Jennifer Lynn Barnes



The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)Seventeen-year-old Cassie is a natural at reading people. Piecing together the tiniest details, she can tell you who you are and what you want. But it’s not a skill that she’s ever taken seriously. That is, until the FBI come knocking: they’ve begun a classified program that uses exceptional teenagers to crack infamous cold cases, and they need Cassie.

What Cassie doesn’t realize is that there’s more at risk than a few unsolved homicides—especially when she’s sent to live with a group of teens whose gifts are as unusual as her own. Sarcastic, privileged Michael has a knack for reading emotions, which he uses to get inside Cassie’s head—and under her skin. Brooding Dean shares Cassie’s gift for profiling, but keeps her at arm’s length.

Soon, it becomes clear that no one in the Naturals program is what they seem. And when a new killer strikes, danger looms closer than Cassie could ever have imagined. Caught in a lethal game of cat and mouse with a killer, the Naturals are going to have to use all of their gifts just to survive.

Paperback, 320 pages

Published October 7th 2014 by Disney-Hyperion (first published November 5th 2013)

Review
What do you do if you have an Natural ability?  

Cassie has always profiled people, she has a natural ability to know who they are and what type of person they are. 

Still haunted of her mother's murder which is now a cold case, the special program for the FBI might just help her get one step closer to possibly solving her mother's case once and for all.

BUT  . . .

What do you do when the recent murders has similar concepts to your mother's case?

Cassie and the FBI must work fast before another women is murder, but what do you do if the killer is closer to you and know every single step you move?

I'm giving this a 4.5 Cat's Tails up, I would really rate this a 5 cat's tails up however I'm saving the 5 for Killer Insticnt because that one deserves a 5 Cat's Tails up.


MEOW . . . MEOW . . . MEOW

 

I LOVE LOVE . . .


. . .


. . .


LOVE


. . .


LOVE  . . .


THIS BOOK!!!!!

All Cassie ever want is to solve her mother's murder, but if working for the FBI special program will get her one step closer to solving it then how can she turn down this opportunity?

http://ak6.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/1624411/preview/stock-footage-crime-investigation-police-dividing-line-yellow-tape-bloodstains.jpg


Women similar to her mothers case are turning up dead, while Cassie learns the way of thinking like a killer she also struggle with keeping thing apart from her mothers case although little things keeps adding on the murders. 

I love how Jennifer created her characters with such an uniqueness in them but the one has kept me wondering from the start was Dean. I wanted to know why he had such a darkness to him and why he was so closed off. However and this is a big big theory I detected that Dean has a likeness toward Cassie although he himself would never admit even after a dare that Cassie had to kiss him. 

The twist that Jennifer created in the book was beyond my imagination! I mean I did not see that coming or had any idea whatsoever. I'm not going to say whose responsible for the deaths so you will have to read it!


I almost wished that I didn't wait too long to start this but again now I'm sitting here waiting for book three to come out. Book Reader problems as always.

What I like LOVE about this book was the characters and the little paranormal sense that each of the characters has, starting with Cassie who NATURAL ability is profiling people. She could profile anyone except for who killed her mother, that remains a mystery.

Cassie meets Sloane, Michael, Lia and Dean . . . who all have a Natural ability but Cassie shares on Natural ability with another, DEAN.

While reading this book I got a big sense of the Supernatural brothers, Dean as Dean and Michael as Sam on many levels but really Dean stood out. He's a complex character that's for sure! I totally have a crush on him!

Jen's casting of Dean was Douglas Booth whom I've never heard of but I kind of had to imagine Jensen Ackles in a younger version  So I pick Logan Lerman (trust me he could pull it off) But then there's the actual actor that plays Young Dean in supernatural (I couldn't find the actor name)

http://41.media.tumblr.com/843e5868d2ce1c3c3263145fbee48413/tumblr_nafalwSjA91qf2zyko1_500.png 

 Michael is growing on me but I'm crossing fingers for Dean . . . 

Overall Jennifer has got me hooked on this series! It been awhile since I've read a book where I'm directly hooked on the whole thing. 

Stay tuned for Killer Instinct review!

0 comments:

Post a Comment