"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Catty Chat Discussion: Growing TBR

Growing TBR

How long is your TBR pile? 
Does it seem that you add more books than you read? 
What do you do with the books that been on a TBR pile for so long? 
What books that are on TBR pile that you think you'll never read?

There are some many reasons to why our TBR pile never gets smaller, but we also don't eliminates books that causes our TBR to grow quickly.

For me I have so many different reasons why my TBR Pile never gets smaller, why it grows and grows, and what books that I'll probably never read, and What books I'm just adding on to my TBR pile.

Reasons to why my TBR piles grows . . .

Mostly upcoming releases by authors that I follow
Upcoming releases twitter talks
Books that I've found out that were released a couple years back but still want to read the books


Recent books that are adding on to the TBR pile . . .
 
  1. Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2) by Jennifer L Armentrout
  2. Trial by Fire (The Worldwalker Trilogy #1) by Josephine Angelini
  3. Lies I told by Michelle Zink
  4. The Dark World (Dark World #1) by Cara Lynn Shultz
  5. Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry
  6. The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
  7. Talon (Talon #1) by Julia Kagawa 
Netgallery TBR Pile . . .

You think Netgallery was love at first sight right? So did I but then I found a little problem
  • You request too many then lack on reading it or reviewing it or giving feedback that it might actually hurt you in the selection process from publishers. 
  • You request a book and you haven't read the previous book (I've had this problem before)
  • You're pre-approved but then you don't read books published by that company 

Books that I'll probably never read . . .

  • The I am Number Four series, I saw the movie and was interested in reading the books but I'll probably never read them because of all the other books that I want to read
  • The Vampire Diaries because there's just too many to keep track of
  • Books that I have by Elizabeth Chandler
  • Beautiful creatures series
  • Plus more that I probably can't list at the moment

So is there a way to resolve this growing problem? 

I've heard some ideas that some of my blogger buddies are doing, 
  • Making a jar, writing down all TBR books and then draw at random . . . 
  • Some might not even keep track of the books that are on the TBR pile and the TBR pile is non-existence to them. 
  • Eliminates the years and years of dusts books, if you haven't read them by now then you'll probably never read them. It kind of like clothes in a sense where you wore something five years ago and never wore it in the last four years.


0 comments:

Post a Comment