"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Book Review: Enchanted Heart

Enchanted Heart (Games of Hearts #1) 
By Mindy Ruiz

Enchanted Heart (Game of Hearts #1)
Cassandra Vera never ever broke the rules.

Ever!

She’s also had a nonexistent social life since her best friend moved to Vegas. Armed with a new set of resolutions, the promise of a hot date, and her adoptive parents out of town, seventeen-year-old Cassandra agrees to a road trip, which is the perfect way to celebrate her birthday and ring in the New Year. After all, she’s headed to Vegas, the city where secrets are meant to stay hidden. Little does Cassandra know her past is buried there as well.

Cloaked in the shadows of the glitz and gaudy lights of Vegas lies a power struggle centuries old. One wrong step and Cassandra could destroy the delicate web of secrets. Now an enemy she never knew existed is after her, and the one boy who may be the missing piece to the puzzle — and her heart— is the one person she can’t afford to trust.

ebook

Published June 6th 2014 



Review
It's New's Year Eve you're in Sin City plus and it's your birthday, but just because you're the birthday girl doesn't mean you can break the rules and Cassandra Vera just broke the biggest one of all and the only rule of all.

Don't ever go to Vegas . . .

Cassie never thought that by entering Vegas, her whole life will change in a blink of an eye

The Sin city deals with Centuries of power struggles, where the houses of Clubs, Diamonds, Spades, Hearts and Midas are all on gambling strike. But now that Cassandra has step foot into Vegas, the bets are off or at less that what each of the houses are hoping.

Can Cassandra understand what's at sakes or will she simply refused to acknowledge that she is part of this power struggle 

How much are you willing to gamble? 

I love love Enchanted Heart!!! I can't possibly give this one just a 5 Tails Up, it's get my PURR FEST Review where everything was just PURRFECT! MEOW!

Meow . . . Meow . . . Meow
Okay this book was PURRFECT! I love Mindy' s imaginations and bringing the visuals of Vegas through words on a page were dead set on! Now I've never been to Vegas but you know I've seen shows or movies that were taken place in Vega or some aspect of Vegas so it definitely attracts my attention.
 

There were hints of Greek Mythology, while I didn't know that and had some issues with books that had Greek Mythology influence. Mindy made it much more modernize and creating her own sort of troubles, problems, and maybe some history between each of the Greek mythology leaders/influences.

Let's talk about the guy, the heart-throbbing A.J now at first he was just that guy that Cassie "almost" hooked up I mean HEY it's Vegas! But then A.J realizes something, something he wasn't expecting and suddenly everything that he's been raised and trained to do goes out the window.

Now there were a few time in the book where I really thought he's going to break my heart like 100% each time I could read a certain passage and got a sensed of a scene I would be like "No No NO!" but then sighs in relief it wasn't anything horrible (YET). Plus there was a major twist and storyline for him that make you want to know more!



I really can't wait for Book 2 and see what other things happen in the book, out of all the books I've read this past two months this one is by far my best read ever. There wasn't anything I hate or dislike, that saying a lot for a reader/reviewer. I'm not being so critical because I don't have to and the way Mindy writes is just spectacular. Here's some confetti Mindy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment