"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Cat's Meow: Turning ONE!!

 

WOW I can't believe a whole year has gone by! It seems so unreal to me sometimes, at first I just only started reading and placing my review on Goodreads but now having to retire from a previous blog that I just no longer had any interest into it. But I didn't want to give up my reviews and narrow it back down to only Goodreads so then I heard Blogger was a great place to do all things blogging so I bit the bullet and created SassyCat's Books Review.

I change my Twitter title from my name to my blog name, and I made the first step putting my blog's name out there.

So a few Milestones to look back at . . .

Author Requests
My first author request, I read the The World Is Your Litter Box: Deluxe Edition: A How-To Manual for Cat. Yes that was my first ever where an author reach out to

me asking for a honest review. Even my cat seem to approve of the book as well


Author Events
I've attended two of Andrea Cremer's book events, one was for Rift and the other was for a pre-party release of Rise. It was truly an exciting time for me, she's really great and being that she "live" or is from  nearby city so close by that traveling isn't a problem. Also at one of her event I came across another author! Heather Anastasiu the author of Glitch series but I haven't attend one of her book event yet. 


Andrea and Heather


My next author event was going to be Barry lyga's books but due to my unfortunate sickness I was dealing with I couldn't go but did get both of my books of  "I hunts Killers" signed by him and the crew at Addendum was so nice enough to send me a pic of him signing it. 


The next author event was a spur of a moment and because I was in the area, I went and meet Jeri Smith-Ready and I barely knew her as an author but I was aware of what books she wrote. But she did talk about how much technology and social media have changed for authors and fans together and it was really a great discussion. So she signed my books Shade I had already pre-own and purchase Shift and Shine at the event. 


My first ARC hard copy
Wile I havent figure out how bloggers get ARCs and I'm sure there's a trick to it, but there are two ARC hardcopy that I was super excited for. One was winning Jennifer L Armentrout upcoming book White Hot Kiss and out of 800 entries I was one of the three that won the ARC book! 


Then the next one was really unexpected, but this is where my first real hard copy ARC comes in . . . the day Fire and Blood enter my house. It was about two week before Christmas and I know my parents do some online shopping but trying to keep it from me when it seem left and right I'm expecting something in the mail and then when I saw a yellowish package I wasn't sure what to expect because I couldn't recall winning anything but opening that and seeing that ARC line on the bottom of the book I was elated.


What the Future for SassyCat's Books Review?
Well right now I would love to revamp the blog, get all of those buttons/avatar and other goodies but I can't do that yet. So I hope that I'll be able to revamp SassyCat.

Another thing is Facebook page, I'm pushing and pushing back on creating one because I just don't know if I'm ready yet and I would like to have the time to sit down and process the whole creating the page and such

Booklikes . . . yeah I'm going to wait on that, I do have an account but it's so annoying to understand and it doesn't follow my goodread very well. 

Tumblr . . . I have one but again don't use it very much, every once in awhile I will use it but not all the time so for right now it not important that I span SassyCat's to Tumblr. 

As much I would love to do a giveaway . . . I can't afford it right now, but maybe when I reach Two I'll be in a place where I can do giveaways and such. Right now all I can give are my honest reviews, quirkiness on twitter and posting endless photos of my cat Buddy. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment