"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Book Review: Luminosity

Luminosity (Raven Chronicles #1) 
by


Luminosity (The Raven Chronicles, #1)My name is Beatrice. When I was born, I was blessed with the Sight. I was immediately removed from my parents and enrolled in the Institution. At the age of twelve, I had my first true vision, earning my raven’s wings. And when I turned seventeen, one of my visions came true. Things haven’t been the same since.

The Institution depends on me to keep the City safe from our enemy, the Dreamcatchers, but I’m finding it harder to do while keeping a secret from everyone, including my best friend Gabe. It is a secret that could put us all in danger. A secret that could kill me and everyone close to me.

But the enemy has been coming to me in my dreams, and I think I’m falling in love with him. He says they’re coming. He says they’re angry. And I think I’ve already helped them win.
Paperback, 282 pages

Published November 13th 2012 by Entangled Teen  







First off I like to say Thanks to Jaime who was so kindly enough to send me Stephanie's book, I know I've talk with Stephanie over multiple occasion however I was dealing with blogger guilt because I haven't read her book and I really really wanted to read her book eventually. Now I'm patiently waiting for the second book now and seeing a glimpse of the cover is temping enough

Review
Once you have a vision, you earn your raven marks. Beatrice visions predicted number of things that keepers are deemed to protect . . . themselves.

Every vision is different and every visions has different meanings, but when Beatrice starts dreaming and having a vision about someone who says that she need to save him and he has to save her. Nothing made sense and with the rising fear of Dreamcatchers, every vision is consider important.

So when the institution starts changing things up, after a vision Beatrice has the reality sunk in . . . Beatrice is going to have to make a stand.

Beatrice also struggle with her dreams of the young boy that she has no idea who he is and why they both have to save each other but when another seer see a unclear vision of Beatrice could she be seen as a traitor?



This is 5 Cat's Tails Up, Newly fresh for me as a reader and having the gift of Sight will take you on unforeseen adventures and what the future may become. 


MEOW . . . MEOW . . . MEOW
I've been wanting to read this book so badly and now I can't wait for book two! I love anything where the SIGHT plays a main component of a character and it's nice to read something different from vampires, werewolves or anything else I've been reading. 

I do sense a little love triangle between Echo (dreamcatchers) and Gabe (Seer) for Beatrice, I know that Echo says that she will have to choose one or the other not just for herself but for the future. So I'm curious to see how things are played out. They're both handsome and care for Beatrice but only Beatrice's heart can give her the answer. 

The keepers have done a pretty good job keeping all the growing seers in the dark but when it comes to Life or Death, that how much fear was embedded into the Seers. Outside of the institution, it's a dangerous world out there and they are completely defenseless.  So when the Dreamcatchers are ready to attack, everyone is in a whirlwind. 

The ending when Echo finally acknowledge Beatrice at the right time and facing the top Keeper, turns out that the keeper been keeping more secrets from Beatrice. A tale that may destroy the Keepers reputation and it's up to Beatrice to save the city and save not only the seers but the Dreamcatchers as well.

So I'm really anxious for book 2 and catching a glimpse of the cover makes it even more taunting . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment