"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Book Review Olivia Twisted

Olivia Twisted by Vivi Barnes


Olivia TwistedOlivia

He tilts my chin up so my eyes meet his, his thumb brushing lightly across my lips. I close my eyes. I know Z is trouble. I know that being with him is going to get me into trouble. I don’t care.

At least at this moment, I don’t care.

Tossed from foster home to foster home, Olivia’s seen a lot in her sixteen years. She’s hardened, sure, though mostly just wants to fly under the radar until graduation. But her natural ability with computers catches the eye of Z, a mysterious guy at her new school. Soon, Z has brought Liv into his team of hacker elite—break into a few bank accounts, and voila, he drives a motorcycle. Follow his lead, and Olivia might even be able to escape from her oppressive foster parents. As Olivia and Z grow closer, though, so does the watchful eye of Bill Sykes, Z’s boss. And he’s got bigger plans for Liv…

Z

I can picture Liv’s face: wide-eyed, trusting. Her smooth lips that taste like strawberry Fanta.

It was just a kiss. That’s all. She’s just like any other girl.

Except that she’s not.

Thanks to Z, Olivia’s about to get twisted.

Kindle Edition, 352 pages
Expected publication: November 5th 2013 by Entangled: Teen

I've receive a eARC from entangled Publishing

Review
Olivia has always thought she was alone, that no one wanted her but then it seems that another door opens however she didn't expect this. Her foster parents are two complete opposite, and her foster mother barely make any contact while her foster father attempt to make this one happy family. What a mess up life.

Z has always lived on the edge, manage his way through life but now the game has changed when Olivia enters the computer classroom. Working under a hacking organization, he has to recurit Olivia the talented hacker in disguise but when he starts developing feelings for her and see her side, all he wants to do is find her happy ending.

I really like this book, especially when recalling it as Twisted Olivia don't know how I could switch the title up both Vivi Barnes and I had a laugh over it. This book has originally and it's Vivi's first full length novel, living on the edge and living under the rules where all you want to do is free free.

I'm giving this a Four and a half Cat's Tails Up, with it's originality and contemporary romance I couldn't put it down once I started reading it.

Meow . . .  Meow . . . Meow
This is a super late review, I can't tell you how late but when school was in session I had very little time to read much less writing a review. I think my process of reading and reviewing take twice as long when I'm in school so I'm sorry that it's late. 

I like Olivia from the beginning, she want to be accepted into a family although she did feel that way with one family but due to circumstances she had to be move to another foster home. She had a very oddball of foster parents, they are by some level wealthy but their dynamic of being a family was strange. 

Olivia first day in a new school didn't start off good because of mix-up and such, so when she enters the computer class most people glance at her then look the other way except for one person Z. 

Z has told himself to never fall for anyone ever again after his last serious but not serious relationship that when whack. But when he laid eyes on Olivia, he's curious about her not just by her own spunk but her talents. 

The danger that Olivia and Z comes across are business and their own heart, it sadden me when Z in retrospect lead Olivia on but just as Olivia's feeling deepen for Z he's pulling away keeping her at a distance. 

After awhile Z helps Olivia or well does the hunt on his own finding relatives that way Olivia could at least get her happy ending or a better life than what was going on in her recent foster home. 

But the hacking business that Z is into, he also brings Olivia into it only to want her out of it when Bill the head guy the one that runs everything at the Monroe house threatens Z through Olivia. 

The ending was OMG, heart racing and gut-wrenching that I didn't know if everything was going to be okay in the end. But Olivia found a new life living with her grandfather and Z or should I say Jack finally got out of Monroe house and attends the same school Olivia is in now. Their love will never falter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment