"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Blogger Times: Stacking My Shelves

I know today has been a good day to me . . . I added more books to my shelves and it was a large pile.

While I'm still waiting on a few books that I've won/or ordered, I can't show pictures yet but I'm happy to share my new shiny cat toys.

After reading a post by Danny of Bewitched Bookworms where she talks about the Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine.
http://bewitchedbookworms.com/2013/06/series-feature-the-morganville-vampires-by-rachel-caine-fall-of-night-14.html

Danny gave some very high points on why we should read the Morganville Vampire series, as for me I was staying away from it because I wanted to read more about other supernatural creatures like Werewolves or people with supernatural abilities. So for the longest time I've choose to not buy any vampire books . . . the only book that counts is The Mortal Instrument: City of Lost Souls, and a few others that had tie-in with vampires.

Embedded image permalinkMy bookstore actually carries the volumes of the Morganville Vampires and two were in the clearance (overstock/publishers lower price) But then my amazing mom found Ghost Town in Pp and HC in clearance as well. But here's the rub . . . the HC was cheaper than the PP, Say What?

I took it as the publishing company had sold HC first then within 3 month period went straight to Pp.

Now you see two are not Rachel Caine's books but in fact Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series, her first works of books. I had doubts that my store would actually carry her first book "Bitten" but I was in awed to find out that Plume had it reformatted with new covers and I was just dosed with catnip that I could find it. So I will be keeping my eyes out for the next couple books of the Otherworld series by Kelley.







Now the question remains, WHEN WILL I EVER HAVE THE TIME TO READ THEM?
good question . . . christmas break? school break? Summer break? Night read? Gym read? I have no clue, I really should really create a post of my goal for 2014 reads because I sort of have one just not written down on paper (its all in my head)

So I'm off to finish another book and reviews (which I've fallen greatly behind)

0 comments:

Post a Comment