"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Monday, July 22, 2013

Mentors: Day Fifteen

It's the final day of the Book Blogger Challenge! I had so much fun doing this and I'm actually trying to find ideas to bring to the blogosphere and start another challenge. But it turns out pinterest is being very picky/tricky on me . . . maybe it's the keywords I used? Anyways Thanks April of Good Books and Good Wine for bringing this to the table.

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine
Today we talk about book blogger mentors, whether you actually got mentoring from another blogger or you followed their advice on something . . . it's still the same thing!

First off when I decided that I wanted to be serious on taking notes for when I read a book, cause something I can forget things. So first off I followed Parajunkee's Advice on "Tips for writing a great review" Now I may not follow every tip but it at least it's a start in the right direction.

I know people use goodreads for updates on their reading progress and I've done that but then I got bored doing so because I would be so far ahead of what my reading progress was. So I asked Kara a pretty simple question "Is it easier to write notes or use Goodreads?" Goodread can be helpful when a book has a lot of details like Onyx (Lux #2) when I was reading it, there were so many little details.

I do a monthly book releases post and for awhile I thought ok I'll just browse the Barnes and Noble's coming soon books but then that ends up being unproductive to me. So I asked Fiktshun how she does it since she post more book release than me. Try Amazon, she said and so I test it out and found that I can narrow down by months and genres and all the other things Barnes and Noble doesn't have.

I've also send Fiktshun an email about giveaways, because I am so new at the giveaway aspects I know nothing . . . no guidelines, no ideas, no clue! So she was more than happy to explain to me how it works for her . . . so I am hoping once I get the confidence to push my blog a little further.

So I've asked typical questions when I should know those answers but sometime its better hearing it from someone else.
  • Writing a great review
  • Goodreads Reading progress
  • Searching for upcoming books releases
  • Giveaways
So who are your blogger mentors? Who do you go to for help/advice?

0 comments:

Post a Comment