"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dirty Blood Review

First off I'd like to thank Megan Curd for telling the world that we should read this book by Heather Hildenbrand and plus for a limited time Heather had it for free on ebook. SCORE!!!!!

Plus we all need a little more werewolves in our life, no I am not referring to Twilight that is over and done! I'm talking werewolves from the Mortal Instruments or Nightshades series. Both really great YA books and I would recommend reading it.

Dirty Blood (Dirty Blood, #1)I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.

Now, all I can do is accept the truths that are staring me in the face. One, Werewolves do exist. And Two, I was born to kill them.


Kindle Edition, 289 pages
Published April 2nd 2011 by Accendo Press (first published April 1st 2011)
 
 
Review
A much rather normal teenager Tara, never believes in what couldn't be real but that all change when she was attacked by a werewolf. Panic strikes but somehow she felt something else, something that flows through her saying "you are meant to do this" That doesn't make sense.
 
But then meeting up with Wes who’s showed up at the right moment at the right time, Tara knows he has answers. Later Tara discovers about werewolves and werewolves hunters alike and learns that she is a werewolf hunter.
 
Train or not trained? Choose a side, fall in love with a werewolves/hunter mix and learns about her heritage and how she fits into the world of werewolves and hunters as well as the Cause. Will Tara be the one that the destiny has written out? Or will the destiny be wrong?
 
Ramble
So the title sounds weird right? Dirty Blood, what does that mean? Well the book is a mixture of werewolves (love!) and werewolves hunters. Always are enemies but then The Cause was created many years ago, but this Cause was to gather werewolves and hunters together to create a peace and there was some sort of destiny written where one will become the leader of the movement.

Wait . . . Who's the characters? Don't worry I haven't forgotten about them I just wanted to lay the basis of the book. We meet Tara who encounters a werewolf that attacks her! Then suddenly after managing to fight the werewolf, a stranger name Wes comes along. So what was the deal? why did this werewolf out of nowhere attacks and then this truly handsome guy shows up? Something connects but Tara won't be able to figure it out without the help of Wes.

The journey for Tara on choosing to be trained or walk away from everything prove to be difficult when the werewolves are after you no matter what. But Tara's heritage is just that much closer to being expose when the werewolf Leo makes some shocking news.

The secrets starts pouring out and those secrets just might end up doing more harm than good and protection. Will Tara accept for who she is or will she look the other way?

I love the mixture of werewolves and werewolves hunters, it definitely something different from other werewolves books I've read. So I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment