"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Armchaire BEA: Day 2: Blogger Development & Genre Fiction

Although I have blogged for awhile but made a leap/changes in my blogging . . . While I don't have much advice off the top of my head about what you can do to improve your Blog, I can say this . . .
Blog what you love or do, don't try to blog about something that isn't interesting to you or just because you have to,
Blogging is something you do on your time unless you really have a career out of it (Please tell me how Blogging became a career for you if you blog as a job).

Since I've made the change to blogger from wordpress, I decided that if I am really going to switch I was going to change everything. On my wordpress blog, I blog about varies of things and to me I lost that interest but I still wanted to blog about books I read and share my review.
That was how my blog SassyCat's Books Review was born, but lets just say I need a good title for my new blog so I came with an idea of the word "Sassy" because I am very Sassy and with my name being Kat I wanted to include my cat-like personality. A lot of my friends really like the title although one did ask why not a "K" for the SassyCat title, simply because every time I have mention my name when someone does know me I have to clarify that it's with a K not a C.

One thing I can say is the name of your blog is very important, you don't want it to sound too boring but you also don't want to make it too long for people to remeber. Also make the blog suit you and your personality, trust me you'll be more proud about it because its fits you not the other way around.

Genre Fiction:
I wish GoodRead would tell me what Genre I read most of because then it would be a lot simpler to say this and that. But all it does it recommend books based on my shelves, not the genre but it does have Recommend genre. :-/
I have a huge mixture of Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, and Adult books with Romance and Paranormal.
The majority of my Genre are by the same authors, but there are more that I haven't gotten the chance to read yet.

Rachel Vincent for both YA and Adult
Alpha (Shifters, #6)With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)Oath Bound (Unbound, #3)
 
Andrea Cremer: Paranormal, Fantasy and YA
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)Rise (Nightshade Prequel, #2)
 
Cassandra Clare: Paranormal
 
City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
 

 
Thanks for stopping by at SassyCat's Books Review
 

4 comments:

  1. I agree about having a name that suits you. I started with a multi-member blog and I recommended the name they use and now I wish I hadn't because I left and had to start with a new name. I like your name! I agree with your tips for reasons for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart advice! It's hard enough to blog about something I love, I can't imagine trying to do all that for something I didn't love. P.S. I love Rachel Vincent's work!! Tattooed Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I switched from Blogger to WordPress a few years ago and have never regretted it! Now I have to use Blogger again for a library book club blog (which isn't exactly blogging as a job, but I can do a tiny bit of blogging on the job, which is fun!) and I don't like it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect advice! Great picks in books too!
    AH@Badass Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete