"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Friday, September 16, 2016

Book Review: Olivia Decoded

Olivia Decoded (Olivia Twister #2) by Vivi Barnes

Olivia Decoded (Olivia Twisted, #2)
This isn’t my Jack, who once looked at me like I was his world. The guy who’s occupied the better part of my mind for eight months.

This is Z, criminal hacker with a twisted agenda and an arsenal full of anger.

I’ve spent the past year trying to get my life on track. New school. New friends. New attitude. But old flames die hard, and one look at Jack—the hacker who enlisted me into his life and his hacking ring, stole my heart, and then left me—and every memory, every moment, every feeling comes rushing back. But Jack’s not the only one who’s resurfaced in my life. And if I can’t break through Z’s defenses and reach the old Jack, someone will get hurt…or worse.



Paperback, 320 pages
Published September 6th 2016 by Entangled: Teen


  
MEOW . . .  MEOW . . .MEOW

I received a copy of this book by the publisher after they asks me if I wanted to read this book because I had read the first book.

It's been awhile since I've read vivi's first book Olivia Twisted, so I needed to brush up on the first book & read my review as well others. Diving into the second book, it started out with this dark and creepy admirer.
 

Soon Olivia starts to realizes that this admirer wasn't someone from her new life, but from her old life. Although she has trouble letting go of her old life and Jack, but when she starts getting random roses and extravagant gifts. She starts to wonder who is sending this and what their message? 

When I finally got to see how much Jack been trying to move on but he often thinks of Olivia, I know he can't seem to leave behind what they had. When Olivia reaches out to Jack to ask if he's been sending gifts, he denies it.

But things back at home (the new home) financials are getting hacked, and it's happening under the household. The atmosphere grows tense, with a houseful of hackers everyone is watching their back. Except for Jack only because he's trying to find that hacker and instead gets himself hacked.

I was surprised on who was behind the whole charades, but then I felt sad for the person that was forced to be involved with the person behind it because they got themselves into something that they might not have been able to back out of . . . IN which they didn't.

I give this an 4.5 Cat Paws, I like the darker effect of the secret admire but I was thoroughly missing more romance between Jack and Olivia.  

Will this leave for potential future books?

0 comments:

Post a Comment