"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Monday, February 9, 2015

Meeting Amanda Hocking

Today I went to my local bookstore for an author signing! Usually when it comes to an Author event I tend to travel to Minnesota for that event but this time it was right at home!

Amanda Hocking the author of numerous series, includes the Watersong series, the Trylle series and her newest series The Kanin Chronicles. Now I have only read the Trylle series and I love them!



Amanda was doing a short midwest event promotion for Frostfire the first book in the Kanin Chronicles.

What is Frostfire about? 

Bryn Aven is an outcast among the Kanin, the most powerful of the troll tribes.

Set apart by her heritage and her past, Bryn is a tracker who's determined to become a respected part of her world. She has just one goal: become a member of the elite King’s Guard to protect the royal family. She's not going to let anything stand in her way, not even a forbidden romance with her boss Ridley Dresden.

But all her plans for the future are put on hold when Konstantin– a fallen hero she once loved – begins kidnapping changelings. Bryn is sent in to help stop him, but will she lose her heart in the process?


The book was released on January 6th, 2015

My bookstore was also selling her 3 in 1 book of the Trylle series, I hadn't known that it was out yet and I had planned to buy it because come on, the cover was very beautiful as well as Frostfire. In case you don't know I have a things for really pretty covers and I will purchase those pretties because I want to. As my blog subheader says "You Can Never Have Too Many Books" and I stay true to that statement.


Amanda signed everyone's books and not much to my surprises, I had the most books I carried 5 books with me to the store in my trusty bag and I purchase the Trylle 3 in 1 and Frostfire. So all of those books are signed. I also love signed books, they make my books that much more special and if I had a shelf for all of my signed books I would place them right on that special shelf.


Ironically I have no idea that I was sort of matching with some of the covers or the new ones anyways. Bryn from Frostfire, she is wearing a long red jacket and the 3 in 1 Trylle was the color red, along with red flowers on the bottom of the book as well as Wendy holding a red flower.

Trust me this was not planned, just pure coincidence




Now she had a Q and A, clearly I had some of my own as well listening to the other readers.


1. Going back to 2010 when you decided to click publish on your book through amazon, would you have believe if someone told you on that day you would make X amount of dollars.
Amanda's A: No and she was really just looking for a way to make a few bucks and really only thought she would only make a few hundreds bucks.

2. Would you consider writing an Oliver (Loki and Wendy's son) story when he was of age?
She have consider it and play with some ideas but it will have to be a wait and see. 

3. What advice would you give to other writers?
Amanda: Do your research, researching helps a lot when writing a book. Always be ready to having to revise revise and revise your book.  

4. Did you have a say in the cover for the Kanin series?
Amanda: she told her publicist what she was looking for and she was able to pick the cover model and then saw some samples of what the cover would look like.
I also quipped that Pinterest can be really helpful when trying to say what your ideas are and she agrees.

5. Have you ever met Andrea Creamer another midwest native? Have you read any of her books?
Amanda: She have and she also met Andrea as well, Amanda herself have read Nightshade and wolfsbane but somewhere in the midst of life she lost track of time to read the rest of the Nightshade series.

6. What was the last book you read?
Pieces of You by Claudia Grey (If I heard that right)



Thank you Amanda for actually coming to my local city, I'm usually the one traveling to go meet authors and thanks for signing the books (all 7 books) and the swag are pretty neat, I'm just really curious on the rabbit. And Thanks for answering some of my questions as well the other fans/readers.

Also congrats on tying the knot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment