"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Friday, October 24, 2014

Book Review: Hunt

HUNT (Shifter #6.5) By Rachel Vincent 

Hunt (Shifters #6.5)This short story was previously in the anthology Chicks Kick But

It’s been more than four years since Abby Wade survived capture and torture by a quartet of rogue shifters. Back then she was a scared kid, just trying to survive.

Now Abby is all grown up, and if she’s learned anything from training with Faythe Sanders, the world’s first female Alpha, it’s that she can take care of herself—and anyone else who comes along. So when her college roommate is abducted from a campsite deep in the Appalachian woods, Abby knows exactly how to get her back…

The rules of the hunt are simple. Kill or be killed.

Abby Wade is not ready to die.


ebook

Published October 20th 2014 by Smashwords Edition (first published January 1st 2014)
This is an short review, now normally I would just review it on Goodread because it is short but I felt that this need some media attention for all Rachel Vincent's fans and Shifters fans. 

Review
Abby been through a lot in the last four years, both emotionally, mentally and physically. She was beaten, scarred and also raped against Rouge Strays that were after females tabbies including herself, her tabby friend Sara and cousin Faythe Sanders.

But now four years later, Abby have gain back her strength and is ready to face anything that comes her way but when the attack is too close to her past and way to inhumane she need to fight.

Either Kill or BE Killed . . . 

Can Abby face the darkness against humans killers?


Or will she be part of their hunt game?
 

Meow . . . Meow . . . Meow 
 GOSH it's been so long since I've read Rachel Vincent's Shifters series, and I actually was late getting on the train of her series. Only to have find her adult book in early 2011 and realize that the final book of her Shifter series was release in 2010.

Stray (Shifters, #1)Rogue (Shifters, #2)Pride (Shifters, #3)Prey (Shifters, #4)Shift (Shifters, #5)Alpha (Shifters, #6)

The good part of finding a series is that you don't have to wait for the final book but then you face that sadness that it's over after just gotten to know about the books and the author's dedication to the series.
I have had read Hunt in the Chicks Kicks Butt but I barely remembered it so when Rachel did a revision I went ahead and purchase the ebook of the newly revised Hunt with an excerpt of her . . . Wait for it.

Wait for it . . .

 
Wait . . .



And Pounce! 



A Spin-off of Shifters!

Now back to Hunt, it's about Abby Wade (Faythe's cousin) venturing off to be her own, to learn about who she is and what she viewed as herself being a full grown young adult tabby. We also get a glimpse of Jace (you all should know him by now unless you never read the series) But he's now Alpha to Appalachian territory.

I can see that both Abby and Jace have grew within the first few pages of Hunt. What happens in Hunt really put Abby to the test. She thought that she would be safe being away from home and enjoying as much she can living normal just like her cousin Faythe did.

But when a camping trip goes horribly, horribly wrong and Abby is on the brink of revealing that werecats exists to stone cold killers. It turns out that they were on the HUNT for Abby herself . . . WHY?

Abby was forced to make a decision to either cower into hiding or expose what she is to her friends as well the stone cold killers, but it didn't matter the KILLERS knew what she already was and has killed three of her college friends because of it.

Are humans hunting more than just deers, bears, and turkeys or are they hunting for a much greater game of Hunters Vs Cat?

Whether I can say I like the revised edition better, I simply can't because it's been so long since I read Hunt in Chicks Kicks Butt and why would I torture myself with how much of a difference there is between editions? 

Either way I love Rachel's Writing and I can't wait to read/get my grabby Paws on Lion's Share

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet, but I am really looking forward to it. I only realized today it was already released! It's just so awesome Rachel is writing more books in this series and I am curious to learn more about Abby! I am glad to hear she has grown and changed, although I don't remember that much about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not I actually suggested to Rachel that she should do an YA Shifters just because who wouldn't want to read the beginning of Faythe's life and falling in love with Marc. But I know many readers wanted a Jace Spin-off so I'm happy either way and this spin-off is more NA which is really new to me and probably to Rachel. So let's sequel fan talk together when this book comes out :-)

      Delete
    2. A book about Faythe and how she met Marc would be awesome as well! I never really liked Jace for Faythe, so I am curious to see if my opinion of him changes in this book. I have read quite some NA books already and I think the Shifter series actually is a good example of NA, before the term even existed.
      I would love to fan talk together when Lion's Share is out!

      Delete