"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Book Review: Amulet of Elusion

Amulet of Elusion (The Lost Amulet Chronicles #1) by Katie Lynn Johnson


Amulet of Elusion (The Lost Amulet Chronicles, #1)Alexa Costa has a life-altering secret…only she doesn’t know it yet.

Confined by law to the kingdom of Alvair until the age of eighteen, Alexa has lived a sheltered existence under the watchful eye of her sword-wielding guardian, Ivy. Her love interest, Caleb Whitman, is exactly the opposite. A merchant sailor and seeker of rare artifacts, Caleb has lived a life of adventure in nearby San Lucero, the long-time rival of Alvair.

After her eighteenth birthday, Alexa’s quiet existence becomes tumultuous, and she realizes she does not need to seek to find adventure. Myths become real, legend becomes fact, and Alexa discovers that she possesses rare abilities which make her a target for both sides in a centuries-old struggle for power. She must use every resource available to her—including her talents with the supernatural Amulets— to help her friends, rekindle her romance with Caleb, and save her island home from destruction.


paperback, 3, 376 pages
Published June 2013 by Amazon Publishing 




It's been awhile since I gotten an author request, now I felt terrible that I kept pushing it off but I had good reasons the simple answer was SCHOOL. Yep I was completely overwhelm and I really couldn't do any reading. But as a responsible blogger I email the author telling her that I'm school and I haven't had the time to read and she was very understanding. I had the time to start reading it after I was done with school and just the other night I finished the book then emailed the author telling her that I was done reading her book and was interested in reading book 2. 


Review
Alexa Costa just thought that she was just a regular girl, a civilian living among the clock tower district and being raised by her guardian IVY. After the death of her parents and sister, Alexa was hidden to be protected from the very people that killed her family. 

Now she is at age of 18 where she can choose to leave her sheltered life, but IVY warned Alexa of outsiders.

But soon Alexa starts finding out truth about her family death and why it happen, all according to a book that contains secrets of the kingdom, legends and myths. It even reveals Alexa's heritage and that she is an Interpreter.  

Now everything about the kingdom will change, but is it for better or worst?  

Now I give this book a four and a half Cat's Tails up, this was a different type of treats for me but I surely enjoyed it. I've also asked for a chance to review her second book and I finished it in 3 days! So be sure to look out for Amulet of Power book 2 review.


Meow . . . Meow . . . Meow
Admittedly I don't think I've read a fantasy, made-up world kingdom book but now I have with Katie's book. Her book is about a young girl Alexa, unaware of what or who she really is along with her family. 

Ivy her guardian have always told Alexa to never trust strangers or outsiders, but Alexa is drawn to an outsider, a delivery boy name Caleb. Ivy keeps close tabs on her and Caleb although Ivy doesn't explain to Alexa why she should be wary about people but when a book reveals secrets of the kingdom and about Alexa's parents, Alexa's life becomes in danger. 

Now hiding or trying to hide, Alexa doesn't know what to do except hide but she also want to help the people that are suffering from the kingdom's power but what can Alexa do? 

Ivy starts explaining about amulets that possess and grant certain powers that only Alexa can provide or grant to people with the right incantations. But there's a lot more about the amulets than what Ivy is letting on but the reality is that the king and queen are exasperating seeking Alexa.

The love between Caleb and Alexa to me seems like they are destined to be soulmates, although Caleb made some bad decision in the beginnings but he quickly corrected his wrong and save the girl he loves. Caleb would fight to the death with Alexa and would die for her. 

Now getting married sure surprise me but maybe when you know you found the one you can't deny it. 

The battle against the king and queen, you know that can never end well as it seems Alexa and Caleb were able to have a slight victory. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment