"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Traditions:



I'm here to share some of my Christmas Traditions, starting with Christmas Books

The Night Before Christmas

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Rudolph the red nose reindeer

Christmas Movies

Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas

The Muppets Christmas Carol

The Santa Clause 1, 2 and 3

Christmas Albums

A Very Special Christmas

Trans-Siberian orchestra

Christmas Treats
Now don't be fooled, I don't bake Christmas treats but my mom does so I'm going to list off some of her top to do list of baking, starting with my favorite treat

Coconuts Balls or Mound Balls however people name them,

Big family treat is Rossetts a flaky and popular Scandinavian treat that is baked for the holidays.

Snicker doodles cookie

Peanut butter cookies and peanut butter balls, those goes quick!

Christmas Wreath which is basically marshmallow and corn flake with green color dye

How can we forget Sugar cookies?

What's on our tree?

You would think tinsel, ribbons, bows, beads, ornaments and a star right? Well since I'm in charge of the decoration of the tree, I gain about 10 ornaments a year and every year they all go up on the tree.
But they are not the ordinary ornament balls, our tree gets characterizes by Disney, pixar, barbies, Kittens, and everything else that I can't name off.



The barbie ornaments is something that been a huge tradition for me as a kid barbies were my thing and my parents saw it perfect for me to get ornaments. So I have a collection Holiday series set while I may be missing some of the years, they are not missing on the tree.


I guess you could say I found those round balls boring when you get characters to put up and remember part of the movie they're from or just memories.

We don't use a star and I don't know where the star became a part of a tree topper because in my opinion an Angel is more suiting. My parents have had our angel for as long as I can remember and every time we bring her out they say you can't find anything like her anymore. So hopefully it will get pass down to me :-)

We do put beads and bows up sometimes but due to the number of ornaments I have that we eliminate them because the tree can only hold so much.

What's under the tree?
Well we don't really put anything under the tree as far decorative items but we do put a tree skirt on and some of the Christmas plush toys that we have. For awhile we have always put our White Bears under the tree but we're displaying them much better out from under the tree.


My dad and I get my mom a White bear with a year stamp on its foot every year or at least we try,. this year she wanted a moose! WHAT??? The moose is cute and has a year stamp but its not the same by any means.




So by any means we as a family celebrates a lot during the Christmas holidays, and If you don't know but I'm sharing this now. . . . My birthday is the 28th of December!!!! Just a shy short a day to share with my great-great grandmother whose awesome :-) and she'll be 96 this year.  I have cousins and aunts whose birthdays are in December so usually on Christmas day we head out to the lake where one of my mom's sister(my aunt) lives and we have Christmas lunch.dinner.

I hope you all have a wonder Christmas and stay safe out in the snow and keep warm :-) 

(PS this is last year Christmas)

0 comments:

Post a Comment