"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Monday, December 23, 2013

Best Read of 2013

 Top 10 of 2013 Banner

Its that time again! Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Jaime from Two Chicks on Books and Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads

It seems like it been forever since 2013 came around and now we're nearing the ending, I've had some ups and downs in the early beginning of 2013. But getting through that ups and downs were family, friends and of course my books. 

I hate singling out books because most of them were great, some of them were new and some were the final conclusion *Weep*. So without further delay here's are some of my Top 10 Best Read of 2013.

1. Gone with the Wolf by Kristin Miller
Gone with the Wolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #1)

How I came across this book, I have no idea I think I sign up for an early read/ review but when I started reading it I was HOOKED. Werewolves, Alphas, Luminary and Burning romance are all key components in Gone with the Wolf. Kristin's writing style blew me away and how she created Drake the Alpha Werewolf who given up on the hunt for his Luminary but when Emelia Hudson comes along, she blows him away with her personality.

2. With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent
With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)

I can't believe that With All My Soul is the final book of Rachel's Soul Screamers series, I grew up with this series, I cried over this series and I swoon over a few guys. Now I'm going to correct myself for a sec, Rachel's final Omnibus book will contains an new Short story told in two POV by Tod and Nash. So I'm excited and eager for this final omnibus to come out.  Kaylee and her gang probably went through a lot more than normal teenagers do and there were a lot of sacrifices, one was huge in WAMS!!! 

3. A Risk Worth Taking by Heather Hildebrand
A Risk Worth Taking

This is a New Adult book where sometimes taking a risk will change everything. I've never thought that risking something you love over your dream would be so powerful and so heart warming, between Ford and Summer those two took a risk and in the end it was worth it. Heather really took a summer love to heart and in reality sometimes you have to give up one thing to get another thing.

4. Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout
Origin (Lux, #4)

Now come on we all been waiting for Origin, and I just been on the Lux bandwagon during the summer, reading all of the first three then waited for Origin. This was filled with awe-dropping and shocking moments that I thought it couldn't get even more crazier but it did and I can't wait to see how Jen will end the series with Oppression.

5. Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout
Opal (Lux, #3)

Yes I know I've already have Origin up but I really really love Opal, there was so much going on that I couldn't take myself out of the book. Everything that you thought could go wrong did go wrong and there were some great costs but n the end Katy and Dameon pulled through or so they thought. The epic heart-wrenching ending will leave you breathless.

6. Steel Lily by Megan Curd
Steel Lily (The Periodic Series, #1)

Megan is a dear friend of mine and when I heard about her new book Steel Lily I thought I had to have this book. Good thing this is fiction, cause I don't think the world could handle a World War three but in Megan's book WWIII did happen. I can't wait for the next book Iron Pendulum.

7. Rise by Andrea Cremer
Rise (Nightshade Prequel, #2)

HUGE HUGE FAN of Andrea's Nightshade world we're back with Ember and Barrow along with the guardians and witches. Rise goes deeper about the Keepers and i must say I was shock behind the mastermind but I love love Ember and Barrow intense Romance. Now I'm just eager waiting to hear what the next book is of the prequel but I understand that Andrea is expanding her Nightshade world so I'll just have to wait . . . as Patiently as I can.

8. Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)

Again Huge fan of Katie's Pushing the Limits series, this time we go deeper into Beth's imperfect life and always have blame how her nonfunctional family was to blame. But Beth meets Ryan through his own dare but it became more than just a dare to him. Ryan wanted to uncover the real Beth hiding under her black hair, her tough skin and her foul words. Passion grows deeper than Beth ever thought she feels. I love DYT to the MAX and Crash Into You was just as good.

9. Oath Bound by Rachel Vincent
Oath Bound (Unbound, #3)

Have I mention I'm a huge Rachel Vincent's Fan? Well I am and the Unbound trilogy, Oath Bound is the final book and I was blown away by Rachel's twist rather than how the first two books were about skilled people under contract with dangerous leaders but Oath Bound introduce Kris Daniels and who will stop at nothing to protect his sister even if it meant taking someone who's consider a high priority even when some don't know. Sera has an tragic past and now is seeking a favor from her blood family to hunt down the monster that took everything from her.

10. Ten by Gretchen McNeil

Ten

I don't typically read horror book themes but TEN was fantastic! It that typical cliche where teenagers are on an resort island with no body but each other but then those people starts ending up dead. It was up to Meg to figure out who is behind the killing and why that person was taking out on everyone that was on the Island. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment