"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tears Worthy: Day Five

It's Friday and it also Day Five of the Book Blogger Challenge presented from April of Good Books and Good Wine, Today I'll recommend a Tears worthy book. While there are many that can cause Tears but this book I'm about to recommend definitely hits you in the heart.

IF I DIE (Soul Screamer #5) by Rachel Vincent

If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)The entire school's talking about the gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck. Everyone except Kaylee Cavanaugh. After all, Kaylee's no ordinary high-school junior. She's a banshee—she screams when someone dies.

But the next scream might be for Kaylee.

Yeah—it's a shock to her, too. So to distract herself, Kaylee's going to save every girl in school. Because that hot new teacher is really an incubus who feeds on the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend's needy ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren't quite human, either.

But Kaylee's borrowed lifeline is nearing its end. And those who care about her will do anything to save her life.

Anything.


Please note that this is book #5 so I heed warning to you if you haven't read the previous books, there are spoilers.

GOD this was such a emotional roller coaster Rachel Vincent have ever written, and trust me book #6 had that same feeling and heck even #7 but neither of them match up to the climax of the series and the twists and turns that IF I DIE presents.

So what happens? Well pretty simple really, Kaylee's borrowed time (her mom's soul) was up. But before Kaylee even allowed her time to be up, her primary focus was on saving Eastlake High from an incubus that was seeking the perfect host to carry his child but all but one suffered miscarriages and damaged to their chance of having kids in the future. But his child also needed a pure soul for his child in order to live. So you can see that Kaylee want this guy gone before she dies.

Ok wait SO Kaylee accepted that she is going to die? Haha nope not yet and someone else is doing the worries and concerns for her. Kaylee also goes through a relationship change and you know what that means . . . Tod the Reaper was finally her knight in shining armor.

Time is running out and all Kaylee wished was that she had more time . . . more time to be with Tod, more time to make things right between her and Nash after she broke his heart, just time to do everything and anything. Then the big bad incubus find that Kaylee's soul can keep his child alive and her dead, Kaylee fights until her death and like that was bad what was even worst was Tod taking her to the hospital . . . his actions ended up putting Kaylee on his list!

As you can tell, a lot happens in IF I DIE and I couldn't imagine it any other ways. Tod finally get the credits he deserves and the girl, and if you really want to do this "Firsts, Seconds" Tod technically saw Kaylee first long ago before she even began dating Nash. Sorry Nash! I know that was harsh.

"You're the brightest thing I've ever seen, Kaylee. You're this beautiful ball of spitting sparks out at this world, burning fiercely, holding back the dark by sheer will. And I always knew that if I reached out -- if I tried to touch you -- I'd get burned. Because you're not mine. I'm not supposed to feel the fire. I'm not supposed to want it. But I do. I want you, Kaylee, like I've never wanted anything. Ever. I want the fire. I want the heat, and the light, and I want the burn." ~ Tod  Pg 232


I wish I had more but either A) I haven't read a series that is tears worthy (there's some), B) Hadn't Gotten far in a series to make it tears worthy, or C) I just haven't read books that are tears worthy.  But I heard that The Clockwork Princess was very Tears worthy but I haven't read the series yet, noted I have read the Mortal Instruments not the Infernal Devices

3 comments:

  1. Kat I've read this series but I don't think I finished if I die, I think it's time for a series re-read :D

    Day 5 Challenge Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! YES you should re-read it, a lot happen that leads up to If I Die. You know Nash's ex appearing in MSTSteal, Nash's Addiction in MSTKeep. Then you got Before I Wake(#6) and With All My Soul(#7) which I will not say anything except you should read them!
      Kat @ SassyCat's Books Review

      Delete
  2. If I Die is still my absolute favorite of them all!!! Gosh, it was gut-wrenching, heartbreaking, devastating, and all other feels you could possibly think of. I cried so hard. *sniff* Loved, loved, and still LOVE this book!!! :)

    ReplyDelete