"You Can Never Have Too Many Books"

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Currently Reading

"This is the future, and humanity is all but extinct"
 
Any guess on what I am currently reading? How about another hint . . . The Movie comes out March 29th, 2013.
Still guessing? Well then how about this . . . This is the Author of the Twilight Saga.
 
There you go! *Applauses* Yes! It's Stephenie Meyer's Science Fiction/Romance/Young Adult Novel 
 
"The Host"

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. Earth has been invaded by a species that takes over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact, and most of humanity has succumbed.

Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, knew about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of the man Melanie loves - Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer yearns for a man she's never met. As outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off to search for the man they both love.

Featuring what may be the first love triangle involving only two bodies, The Host is a riveting and unforgettable novel that will bring a vast new readership to one of the most compelling writers of our time.

 

 
 

Yes I know the book been out since 2008 and I'd probably haven't purchased the book til sometimes in 2009. I am a huge fan of her Twilight series and was pleased with the movies as well, but WHY did I wait so long to read Meyer's other book?
 
Well the fact is I had other books to read and I don't normally read Science Fiction books because I get confused then the book isn't an enjoyment for me. I made a promise to my best friend that I would read the book before we go see the movie, so that is what I'm doing.
Only 36 days till the movie comes out and I hope that the movie is just as good as the book, I strongly believe right now that they picked a good cast with Saoirse Ronan playing Melanie and Wanda, Max Irons portraying Jared Howe and Jake Abel portraying Ian O'Shea.
 
Ramble Phase:
I'm sure many were confused in the first couple chapters and I was too, but then I started getting into the groove of the story.
Wanda and Melanie have to work together as one to find the Human resistance, however Melanie would never help an Alien that took over her body and mind. But Melanie's feelings, emotion and memories grows on Wanda whome she begin to feel like human does. Now in the middle of Nowhere Wanda/Melanie come face with the human resistance and old friends, taken to a secret location and just about everyone wants nothing to do with Wanda/Melanie except to kill. Yeah that really didn't work out as plan and I didn't expect it to because if it did then there wouldn't be a story or the love story.
Jared Howe found the love of his life Melanie until he sees that a Alien or "Soul" has taken over her body. Confused and irrational, Jared didn't know how to response . . . he know that he should end the toture now by killing her but something inside him tells him not to.
Then we meet . . .
Ian O'Shea who seems to be on the wrong kind of right, he knows not to trust Wanda or the "Soul" but the more he watch her and interact with her, he sees what most don't see. Wanda develop human-like persoanlities and is unlike the others.
That is all I can say because I'm just half way there . . . I have to say I like this book better than Meyer's Twilight Saga, I find it better written and more thought out. She created a dynamic that is unusual and she created a world where I think is plausiable. Yes I did say "Plausiable" because there could be others out there, there some proof or "rumored" proofs but it could happen.   
 
Here's the Movie Trailer:
If you want to know the song . . . it called "Radioactive" By Imagine Dragons
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment